Thursday, September 26, 2013

this is not a coming out post.

I like men.
I have always liked them, even since I was a kid.
I can't explain it, and it isn't necessarily sexual.
I am just attracted to boys.
That is the way it is.

But, recently I have discovered a part of myself that I had not really recognized before.
And I know that love exists in all shapes and sizes.
I have never been in love before.
Not with anyone of any gender, race or the like.
I don't plan on falling in love anytime soon, but I know that I am capable of love.
And I now know that I am not only capable of love for men.

I don't know how to explain this right.
But I guess it's like, if I met someone who I knew was the one, man or woman, why would it matter what gender he or she is?
Because I would love this person no matter what.
And I feel like it would be okay for me to fall in love with someone of the same gender as me.
So I wouldn't call myself straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual.
I would call myself human.
Can I do that?

Love is not a choice.
And I will love who I love, regardless of gender.

There is no closet, and I was never in it.
I just felt like it was necessary to talk about this.
Er, write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment