Sunday, August 18, 2013

journal vomit

I'm home again and I thought I'd relay the last week that I spent in Europe.
After Melk we left Austria and went to a town in the Cezch Republic called Cesky Krumlov.
We went there by bus since the river doesn't run through the Cezch Republic. The countryside that we saw on the bus ride was amazing.
I really liked the town because the art community was very strong there. There was a lot of beautiful street art including amazing sculptures. We saw several street performers and a group of Hindu Cezchs, which I adored (hare Krishna).
We spent the day there and ate these delicious cinnamon roll things called Trdelnik, which are pretty famous Cezch treats, I guess.
After leaving the village we went back to the boat and sailed to Germany. We visited three cities in Germany, Regensburg, Nuremberg and Passau. I don't remember much about them other than the sausage was amazing (which is saying something because I hate sausage). I also remember focusing a lot on the Holocaust while in Germany, I cant tell you specifics, but we visited lots of Nazi sites and it was all really depressing.
We left Nuremberg (and the boat forever) on Wednesday and went on another bus ride to Prague.
On Thursday we visited lots of places, including Terezin and the concentration camp there, the HUGE mall (which had a Topshop and I died) and the Charles bridge which was gorgeous at night.
On Friday we left town and saw this Castle in a cute little ton called Melnik. We went to the mall again in the afternoon and hung out in town. In the evening we went to a small opera thing that focused on works by Dvorak, and it was really good.
We left on Saturday and I was reminded why airports are the worst thing to grace this earth with their death presence.
So woohoo I am I Utah once again. Pictures to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog :-) My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete