Saturday, April 6, 2013

THIS POST IS ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT I JUST LOVE KURT COBAIN SO MUCH

I thought I'd write something to just recognize the fact that yesterday was my favorite person's death day. I would've written this yesterday, but I was quite swamped with temple trips, irrelevant mythology assignments and work.
Look at this little baby


I've already written a little bit about why I love Kurt so much on his birthday back in February on Instagram.
I grew up listening to the grunge rock sound, so I've always dug Nirvana's stuff.
But if you know me, you know I go through bursts of obsessing over things.
(I'm currently obsessing over folk and letsplayers)
So back around October I had a little grunge phase and wore lots of gray and camo and it lasted like four months.
Those months changed my freaking life.
Now, don't get me wrong, I still die a little when I remember that this man shot himself 19 years ago and I'll never get to hear his music with Dave and Krist in concert.
And I still love those three with my whole heart.
I always feel heartbroken when I think about how Nirvana's career was just lifting off and he could have completely changed the music industry that is currently run by legless horses.
It puts one into a completely new perspective to think about how one, ONE bad depression episode ended it all.
You make a mistake and it's all over.

Let me know if anyone makes a time machine so I can head on over to the MTV unplugged session with this little piece of perfection. And also every single over concert he went to with Krist.

Kurt, I love you so dang much. Thank you for pursuing music and becoming my hero.

S'not for everyone, sooo I get it if you don't wanna listen to the song of the day. But Incesticide is my favorite album.

No comments:

Post a Comment