Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Scultpures







 Hello, darlings! Here are some of my sculptures. I made them all in my ceramics class. They are my very first real works, so don't judge any imperfections. They are the best I could do, and I am pretty proud of them. They all have a lot of effort and work put into them, and I hope you enjoy! Thank you so much for reading and coming to see:)




This is a coil pot. If you look really closely, you can see what used to be coils. The glazed I used is Chinese crackle with candy apple stripes.
This is a fully functional teapot, made in the shape of an elephant. The "body" is a pinch pot. The lid is slab, as well and the "nose" and "ears". The "tail" is a coil. You cant really tell, but there are little eyes. The glaze for the body is some kind of purple, but it didn't turn out purple. The dripping is Chinese crackle.





This is a non-objective sculpture. The "leaves" are based off of the top of a tomato. The teardrop has carvings on it based from the texture on wood. I made the teardrop by sculpting it around a ball of newspaper, cutting it in half, carving out excess clay, and then score-and-slipping it back together. The "leaves" are slab. The glaze used is tropical green and another form of purple.



This is my most meaningful and favorite piece. This is a house made from slab. The bars are coil. This house in some ways symbolizes how I feel at home, and in Utah in general. Trapped. See how the walls break away from the bars, where behind a seemingly normal and happy looking home, there is a prison. The glazes used are a form of red, black, blue and some Chinese crackle.











I love you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment