Friday, June 21, 2013

You finally get to see what makes me happy

Hey kids, it's that time of year again! Time for me to shove my artwork in your face.
This post will have pictures of my sculptures as well as sculpting methods and glazes.
 
The head was sculpted around newspaper, and the rest was sculpted free hand
Body: Gold, Eyes: Tenmokue, Gears/Wheels: A purple color



Slab box with free hand pieces. Unfortunately I don't remember the glazes used for this one.


This entire piece was sculpted free hand and hollowed out after I was finished with the intended look.
As you can see, one of the talons broke off.
This happened in the process of glazing.
This is a White Crackle Raku glaze.
 

Obviously, this vase was thrown.
I didn't throw this one myself.
The black design was done in a Horsehair Raku process (which I did do).
This is my only low-fire piece and one of my absolute favorites.

 


This is a coil flower pot.
The jutting "rock formations" are free hand.
The texture was done by painting chunky slip over the whole thing.
The glaze is Jim Brown's Blue.



 
Well, that's it! I have more sculptures that will debut in some art show that I will probably announce at a later date. I am not currently in possession of them, otherwise I would post them. Sowwyy.

Thanks for checking my shtuff out. I love you. (sorry, too fast?)

song of the dayyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment